First, read the update on https://wiki.emperorshammer.org/EH_Plotline#A_New_Threat.
With the First Recon Division splitting up to find the Ishtari, our first round of fiction covers the aftermath of the Battle of Tusorix to the arrival of each fleet at their first destination. Anything related to the fleet's activities during that timeframe is fair game.
- Word count minimum is 1000, max is 4000
- Limit of one submission per pilot
- Please email submissions to HA Plif at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 points: Includes a clearly presented central idea with relevent facts, supporting details or explanations. Contains all relevant information included in the prompt.
- 3 points: Includes a central idea with mostly relevant facts, supporting details, or explanations. Contains most of the relevant information included in the prompt.
- 2 points: Includes a central idea with limited factions, supporting details, and/or explanation. Contains some of the relevant information included in the prompt.
- 1 points: Includes a central idea but lacks related facts, supporting details, and/or explanation. Contains none of the relevant information included in the prompt.
- 4 points: Uses vivid descriptive language and concrete sensory details. Enables the reader to visualize the events or experiences.
- 3 points: Uses descriptive language and concrete sensory details. Enables the reader to visualize the events of experiences.
- 2 points: Uses limited, repetitive language with little sensory details. Does not give a visual picture.
- 1 point: Uses dull, repetitive words and no details. Word choice confuses the reader.
- 4 points: Reader is able to fully conceptualize the characters, their motivations, and intentions.
- 3 points: Reader is able to understand the characters, their motivations, and intentions.
- 2 points: Reader has limited understanding of and cannot connect with the characters.
- 1 point: Reader is left with no understanding about the characters in the story.
- 4 points: Voice chosen is appropriate to topic, purpose, and audience. Writing is expressive, engaging and/or sincere.
- 3 points: Voice is present, shows awareness of audience. Writing is somewhat engaging and expressive.
- 2 points: Voice is inconsistent or weak. Shows limited awareness of audience.
- 1 point: Little or no voice is evident. Awareness of audience or personal involvement is not evident.
- 4 points: Contains few if any errors in conventions that makes the writing easy to read and understand.
- 3 points: Contains some convention errors that do not interfere with the understanding of the story.
- 2 points: Contains frequent convention errors that are noticeable and confuse the reader
- 1 point: Contains so many convention errors that the writing is difficult to follow.
- Iron Stars with Ribbons: Gold, Silver x2, Bronze x3, Copper x4 (top ten)
- Also RtF points: 300, 270, 240, 210, 180, 150, 120, 90, 60, 30 (top ten)
- Participation: 100 points
- Submissions that place also earn participation points
Competition runtime starts on the first day at 00:00:01 UTC, and ends on the last day at 23:59:59 UTC.