TIE Corps Command Report
Weekly Report #67 – Submission date: June 22nd 2014
Three down, one to go!
The third week of Raise the Flag 2014 is behind us, and I don’t believe this fleet has ever seen this much multiplayer activity, although this is the first time we have a game like Star Conflict to rely on. Even so, a few good XWA matches were flown by yours truly and the SOO, with the upper hand being his, despite a few LoCs headed my way. Fun times! If we consider the RtF website’s information, we’ve had a couple more pilots taking part in the competition, but that number can still increase when the results of the multiplayer bonus comp are released.
The scoreboard still displays the ISD Warrior in first and the Hammer in second, with a very close third for the Challenge. It’s pretty obvious that if the leading ships waver, we’ll promptly overtake them. Again, Theta Squadron and GN Pickled Yoda are to be emphasized, although we’ve seen an excellent catching up from Delta Squadron and COL Anahorn Dempsey. As the scores are always changing, it’s best that you check the website rather than I input the scores here: http://rtf.tsaunders.net.
The expected results for the Bonus Graphics competition are out. We’ve had 11 submissions, being 5 from the Hammer and 6 from the Warrior. Once again, congratulations to all participants. Here are the results, displayed in rounded up average GFX grade, participation or bonus points for ship and squadron, and medal, respectively:
Tie breaking criteria was the same as the fiction competition, with the note that the graphics were worth the maximum of 5 points. Well done to all, and special congratulations to the winners of the Bonus Points and medals. Points will be awarded in the site as soon as possible.
With the third week of the competition over, so is the Multiplayer Bonus competition. Results are being tallied, and will soon be released, although score input process will be the most difficult so far, and it will take time, so be patient, we are doing the best we can. Congratulations to all for an amazing showing, it exceeded our most optimistic expectations. Well done!
As we reach the final week of the competition, the Single Player Bonus Competition has started, and it will run until the end of the month, at 23:59:59 GMT. Check the competitions section for details, but, basically, we have 4 battles assigned, one in each platform, and the sum in a squadron of all of it’s pilots percentages of the TCCOM score will determine where the bonus points will go. Fly these battles to the best of your abilities. This is a test for your flying skills, as well as a team effort for the overall result. Battles assigned are: TIE-TC 161, XvT-TC 48, BoP-TC 14 and XWA-TC 48. Please note that pilot files are to be submitted to the TC Admiralty, while also cc’ing your immediate superior for activity tracking. The BSFs will be processed by the admiralty, and in order of arrival, so any potential database high score achieved will be awarded the usual points for the regular competition, as long as there isn’t a previous submission for the competition with a higher score.
Despite the seemingly complicated information above, your job in the competition is quite simple: fly the battles and get the best score you can. Leave the organization concerns for those with decision-making authority. This is not the first time we host this sort of competition, and we are pretty sure of what we are doing. Rules are solid, so, just fire up your Twin Ion Engines and do what you can to assist your squadron. Every bit counts, as it adds up to your squadron’s score. Good luck.
On to the usual business, Alpha’s Flight Leader Chrome was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Commander this week. Congratulations, LCM Chrome!
COL Mell Kerrigan has stepped down from the Flight 2 Leader position in Theta Squadron, and moved to Flight 1. The aforementioned Flight Leader position is open for applications.
* Raise the Flag 2014 MP bonus comp ended. Single Player bonus comp started!
* Graphics comp 4 first places: Chrome, Dempsey, Star and Impulse! Congrats to you and all other participants!
* Theta FL2 open for apps
* Chrome promoted to LCM!
T/D Astra Fighter’s Flight Status
- XWA-TC 61 – 9 missions with 9 new mission high scores and new battle high score!
- XWA-TC 67 – 4 missions with 3 new mission high scores and new battle high score!
- XWA MP – Several matches played against RA Zósite
TCCOM’s Other Activities
- Organizing Raise the Flag 2014
- Approved medals
- Processed transfers
- Approved Uniforms
- Assessed competitions
- Assessed promotions
- Performed TC database updates
- Usual TCCOM activities
Fleet Wide Competitions
* Raise the Flag 2014 – Single Player Bonus Competition
The last Bonus competition of Raise the Flag will involve Single Player battles. One battle from each platform will be assigned. The four squadrons who achieve the highest normalized combined scores* will award themselves and their ships 200, 150, 100 and 50 points respectively. The number of missions flown for this competition will also count for Raise the Flag global scores for each pilot, as well as any high scores, if achieved, regardless if the pilot has already flown that particular battle this month. Every participant will earn their squadrons and ships 5 points per platform. Competition runs from June 22nd to 30th. TIE scores are laserless.
Medals to be awarded: IS-GW for highest normalized combined score* for all battles, IS-SW for second place and IS-BW for third. IS-SW for each top scorer for every battle, IS-BW for second places. An additional IS-BW for every pilot who completes three of the four battles.
* Normalized Combined Scores: The scores will be normalized considering percentages of the TCCOM’s scores (or the highest ranking TC officer who completes all 4 assignments), which will warrant 100 points in each platform. So, if a pilot’s score in a battle is 120% of the TCCOM’s score, he will be awarded 120 points for that battle, and so on. Note that these scores are only for SP Bonus Competition results, and not for the overall RtF pilot’s score.
* Raise the Flag 2014!
This competition will determine the Flagship of the TIE Corps for the next 12 months, the TCCOM’s Own Escort Squadron and TCCOM’s Wingman for the next 6 months. The Flagship/Escort Squadron/Wingman will be the ones who manage to acquire the highest number of points in the competition throughout the month of June. Any forms of activity presented by the pilots will grant points to their ships. Points to each activity are listed as follows:
- 1 point to each Single Player mission flown from the TC Battle Center (each battle/free mission in the compendium can be flown only once throughout the month for credit in the competition, not considering eventual battles selected for the bonus comp). Note that battles already flown in previous months of this year are eligible to be re-flown for points in Raise the Flag, however, they will not count towards Ace of the TC awards.
- 1 point for every LoC awarded in any COO-approved platform
- 5 points for every mission high score (in case a pilot has already flown a mission/battle in the month, and hasn’t achieved the high score, he can try and refly the mission/battle for high score points only. However, you can only earn points for achieving the high score for a mission/battle once, so if a pilot already got the high score for a mission or battle once, he will not be able to get any further HS points for that mission/battle. It won’t be allowed to gather any further points for just reflying the mission/battle)
- 5 points x # of missions in the battle for every battle high score
- 1-10 points will be awarded to each fiction submitted, judged by the TCCOM and SOO (TCCOM and SOO submissions will be graded by the COO and ship COMs)
- 1-5 points will be awarded to each graphic submitted, judged by the TCCOM and SOO (TCCOM and SOO submissions will be graded by the COO and ship COMs)
- 10 points for a DFC (in events taking place in June)
Bonus points will be awarded only to the pilot’s ship and squadron, but regular points coming from Bonus comp activities will be awarded to the pilots regularly.
- From June 1st to 8th, a fiction competition – 100, 75, 50, 25
- From June 8th to 15th, a graphics competition – 100, 75, 50, 25
- From June 15th to 22nd, a Multiplayer competition – 200, 150, 100, 50
- From June 22nd to 30th, a Single Player competition – 200, 150, 100, 50
All other participants in the bonus competitions will have their squadrons and ships awarded 5 points for participation. Bonus competitions details will be released separately.
There will be no:
- Points for Squadron Citations earned: all squadrons and ships must get into the competition with equal conditions, and citations might be easier for one squadron to get than for another;
- FCHG/CR Rank gains points: these rank gains can be more easily achieved by one pilot than by the other, and pilots must enter the competition with equal conditions to award points
- Points for IWATS/IU Courses taken, because of the current EH system not allowing the retaking of tests.
- Points for Mission Creation: because Mission creation takes too long to be placed in a month long competition, and it would be difficult to see results.
Medals to be awarded:
- Pilot’s overall scores: IS-PW, IS-GW, IS-SW, IS-BW, if the majority of the pilot’s points came from flying, OR IS-PR, IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR if the majority of the pilot’s points came from non-flying activities
- Pilot’s SP points – independent from Ace of the TC competition, since the point system is different: IS-GW, IS-SW, IS-BW
- Pilot’s MP points – independent from MP Ace of the TC competition, because of the award of points for losses during the Bonus MP competition: IS-GW, IS-SW, IS-BW
- Pilot’s Fiction points: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR
- Pilot’s Graphics: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR
- Ship with best participation rate: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR to ship flags
- Squadron with best participation rate: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR to Squadron Commanders
- Fiction bonus comp: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR
- Graphics bonus comp: IS-GR, IS-SR, IS-BR
- MP bonus comp: IS-GW, IS-SW, IS-BW
- SP bonus comp: IS-GW, IS-SW, IS-BW for overall three first places in the comp. Plus additional medals for winners in each platform
All disputes will be settled by the TC Admiralty.
Command Staff officers will be allowed to participate in the competition and its events.
Bonus competitions details will be placed here separately. However, stay tuned at the TC news page for announcements regarding the bonus competitions!!
* MP Ace of the TIE Corps
Competition ID#: 2501
Competition status: Approved
Submitted by: COO-LOA/RA Crsepe/TC-4/VSDII Aggressor
Competition runtime: 01/01/2014 - 12/31/2014
Units involved: Entire TC
Competition medals: IS-PW/GW/SW/BW for the year, IS-GW/SW/BW monthly for the top 3 pilots
Description: The MP Kill Board will used to keep track of points. Each LoC earns you a point for the competition, and a DFC counts for 5 points. Whoever scores most points win. The numbers on the MP Kill Board at the end of the month are the numbers that are tallied. If there are three participants then IS-GW/SW/BW, if only two IS-SW/BW, etc. At the end of the year the top 3 pilots with the most points will receive IS-PW/GW/SW/BW. XWA, XvT, Star Conflict, and Freelancer-Freeworlds are the authorized platforms for this competition.
* Ace of the TIE Corps
Competition ID#: 2492
Competition status: Approved
Submitted by: TAC-PROF/HA Anahorn Dempsey/CS-6/VSDII Sinister
CMDR/COL Anahorn Dempsey/Delta/Wing I/ISDII Hammer
Competition runtime: 01/01/2014 - 12/31/2014
Units involved: Entire TC
Competition medals: IS-GW/SW/BW monthly.
IS-PW/GW/SW/BW at the end of the year.
Description: As always: every SP mission flown wins a point, whoever has most points at the end of the month wins. IS-GW/SW/BW for top 3 monthly, at the end of the year the top 4 pilots win IS-PW/GW/SW/BW. Each mission only counts once towards this competition, missions flown in previous years can be reflown.
The Kill Board statistics on the TC website are final.
Quotes of the Week
1 – MAJ Kyle Hroan: “I decided I will change my name every month, that way the bounty hunters and Dan's floating torture droids can't find me.”
- Lieutenant Chrome to Lieutenant Commander Chrome!
- COL Mell Kerrigan – Theta Flight 2 to Theta Flight 1
- CM Grzmot – Inactive to M/FRG Phoenix